The Empowered Portrait Experience
Our nudity reveals our most authentic and vulnerable selves. In its sanctification and transcription to an art piece, you can be empowered in your nudity. Unlike boudoir photoshoots or photorealistic paintings, The Empowered Portrait uses hand-painted line work to show the narrative and movement of the drawing session, the voice, and life story of a woman in the exact moment in time which she exists in.
Experience the Empowered Portrait in a sacred, professional, private space and create own your story.
Let's Make Your Vision Happen
I love working with clients on specific works of art for their home, loved one, office, and/or more. Working face-to-face makes the artwork that much more special — a real co-creation. If you’re interested in a nude portrait commission here’s how it works:
- Detail Session: It helps me to know you more to create a work truly from your vision, so let’s book a detail session phone call or studio visit. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, send me a message on the form below, or click the button below to schedule your detail session.
- I’ll need some basic details: size, medium of interest (work on canvas or paper), and deadline.
- Drawing Session: This is the in-studio, nude portrait drawing experience. Expect 2.5 hours in my studio, where you will take on 4-5 poses. From these poses you will pick the one that resonates the most, and I will use the session sketches to create your final art piece. Come as you are, there is no preparation needed from you.
- A 30% deposit is due in order to book your in-studio drawing session.
- The remaining 70% balance is due when work is complete and ready for delivery/pick up.
**A note to my out of state/country clients: If you are sending me a reference photo, my policy is to destroy every reference photo used as soon as the drawing is complete. If you want more information on how I keep your portrait safe, respected, and private, please do not hesitate to call me.
There are no returns on any artwork sales including spec or commission work once paid for in full. All sales are final. Deposits are non refundable.
Testimonial from L.S.
"Our bodies are riddled with bias: I’ll never be as pretty as her, My legs will never look like that, She’s so much stronger than me. We’re unable to see ourselves as we actually are, but an artist can.
The role of an artist is to depict and uncover truth. Standing naked in front of an artist is an act of submission. It’s allowing our guard a few glorious minutes of respite. It’s vulnerable and raw, and illuminating and powerful. Through Haley’s Empowered Portrait, she’s able to guide us to a place of acceptance. No longer are we seeing our bodies through our eyes, but through hers.
The lines on the page are absolutes, not opinions. My portrait became a depiction of how I really am, not what I allowed myself to believe. Haley is deeply empathetic. Every figure is sacred and she treats you as such. The Empowered Portrait isn’t just a drawing: It’s the truest mirror one could ever hope to look into.
Haley’s portraits remind us all that we’re worthy, beautiful, and celebrated. Being drawn with such intention and clarity was an experience I’ll forever appreciate."